Stop DMST! Lobby Day, February 13, 2014
65 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Atlanta, GA 30334
Join us for DMST Lobby Day 2014 at the Georgia State Capitol! Street Grace, Wellspring Living, and youthSpark have joined together again to provide an event for Georgia voters to advocate for the voiceless victims of Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking (DMST). A press conference will be held at 9:00 am, and then you will be able to take pre-printed notes across the street to your legislators’ offices to let them know that you want to keep Georgia’s children safe!
Lobby Day 2014 Schedule At-a-Glance
- 8:00am – 9:00am – Registration
- 9:00am – 10:00am – Press Conference
- 10:00am -11:30am – Walk across the street to the Capitol and distribute materials into the offices of your elected officials
- 11:30am – 1:00pm – Luncheon returning to The Freight Room (registration required)
Lobby Day Checklist
- Lobby Day 2014 organizers will provide information regarding all participants’ local legislators based on the address you provide during registration. This information will appear on the back of your name badge when you arrive. We will not be able to provide this information for participants who register after February 7, 2014.
- Wear all black so the purple scarves you are given will stand out.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring only what you want to carry that day into the Capitol. There will be no place to store your personal items.
- BRING YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE TO GAIN ACCESS INTO THE CAPITOL BUILDING.
- Remember that we do NOT bring placards, signs that represent any specific organization, or shirts that are inflammatory. Our purpose is to show civic unity and appreciation towards our elected officials for the great work they have done in recent years to make Georgia a state that is setting an example across our nation in the DMST fight.
- Lastly, please remember the only people that we oppose are those who are “buying and selling children”.
We have chartered three buses to transport Lobby Day attendees to the Historic Freight Depot. If you would like to ride the bus to Lobby Day, please select “Lobby Day Bus Ticket” when you register. Buses are limited to 40 passengers and tickets are $10 each. If you have children riding with you, please fill out a separate registration for each child. PLEASE NOTE: If you are volunteering at the venue, you should not ride the bus, as volunteers need to arrive at 7:15 am. Buses will depart from:
12Stone Church @ 6:30 am 1322 Buford Drive Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Perimeter Church @ 7:00 am 9500 Medlock Bridge Road Johns Creek, GA 30097
Victory World Church @ 7:00 am 5905 Brook Hollow Parkway Norcross, GA 30071
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call the office at 678-809-2111. We hope to see you there!